Here's my list of effective sales questions. NOTE: Don't try and memorize this. Feel the impact as you read this and make it a part of your sales lingo!
1. Who in the business is impacted the most, by this problem? Understand who’s ultimately going to pay the $$$.
2. Who in senior management is aware of this problem? How big is the problem? Does it have management attention?
4. What is the extent of the impact of the problem on you? How important is this to you? Will you lose your job if this isn’t done quickly?
5. Who else will benefit most from this solution and to what extent? Who will lose his/her job if the project isn’t successful?
6. How will solving this issue impact you personally? Get personal.. Check out the pathos
7. How do you solve this problem now? If it’s really important then they must have some clunky solution in place.. What are the short comings.. Use the answer to build a value proposition in a business proposal. It will help you with procurement :-).
8. Have you tried to solve this problem in the past? What should I do such that differentiates my approach from the past failure? Who is my ghost competition?
9. Is someone trying to address this problem now? Is there a parallel initiative I'm competing with?