- Issues: What problems or results is the client trying to address? What's the priority?
- Evidence: How do you measure success?
- Impact: What are the financial and intangible costs and benefits?
- Context: Who or what else is affected by the issues and the solution?
- Constraints: What has stopped (or might stop) the organization from resolving these issues?
To qualify prospects interest expect to get no more than 2-3 mins in person or 60-seconds over the phone. The Opportunity Checklist points to what we want to know in order to qualify the opportunity; structuring the conversation is a questioning process to efficiently elicit that information.
I worked my way through college, paid for my tuitions. I ran a successful startup in Mumbai, India for 5-years. I immigrated to the US in 1996, started as a programmer, got super bored yet got promoted several times. I moved in the field to learn how my clients use stuff my engineers built, and I've never looked back. The blog chronicles my experiences and learnings over the years.